Saturday 01 May 2021
Join us for our annual Pride Night, as part of the Midsumma Festival!
This special event is an inclusive gym and swim night for the LGBTIQ+ community at Collingwood Leisure Centre on Saturday 1 May from 4pm to 9pm.
It is a place where inclusion, diversity and uniqueness will be welcomed, respected and celebrated.
There’ll be DJ's like Samara Cooper and Rita Bass, delicious pizzas from The Travelling Pizza Pie, performances from Melbourne’s noseflute-tooting, bubble-gun shooting, psychedelic lizard wizard known as Belial Bzarr (he/they).
You'll also have full access to the:
- 25m pool
- LTS pool
Please book your tickets online in advance as places are limited! Find out how to book below in our FAQs. Entry will be free for members, but non-members will need to pay ($10 full, $6 concession/child).
Frequently asked questions
How do I book?
Book your spot online as spots are limited. A limited number of walk-ins will also be available on the night but subject to availability and capacity limits.
- Members: Free
- Full fee: $10
- Concession/child fee: $6
1. Book online for free.
- If you are booking for guests as well as yourself, you will need to complete your own member booking, then do a separate booking for guest tickets.
- You can purchase multiple tickets of the same ticket type at once, but will need to make separate transactions across ticket types (i.e. full and concession).
2. You can view a summary of your ticket purchases in 'My Bookings'.
1. Create a free account on our online portal if you don't have one already. If you have an account start from step 2.
2. View the event in our online portal.
3. Select 'book now'.
4. Select which ticket type you want to purchase. Please note, you can purchase multiple tickets of the same ticket type at once, but will need to make separate transactions across ticket types (i.e. full and concession).
5. Make payment.
6. You can view a summary of your ticket purchases in 'My Bookings'.
What is the timetable?
|Learn to Float (pool)
|Yoga (group exercise room)
|80's Aerobics (group exercise room)
|Learn to Float (pool)
How do I book into a class?
You will not need to book in advance. Please ask reception for a ticket to the class you wish to participate in when you arrive.
Will you be accepting walk-ins?
A limited number of walk-ins will be available on the night but subject to availability and capacity limits.
What is Pride Night and why are you hosting it?
Pride Night aligns with our strategic plan to ensure Yarra City Council is a place where inclusion, diversity and uniqueness are welcomed, respected and celebrated.
Yarra is committed to providing a safe and social environment where LGBTIQ+ community members can access health and fitness services.
Our Pride Night is one of many, as we join other local councils in a monthly rotation of hosting Pride Night’s for their local communities.
Who can attend Pride Night?
This event is for the LGBTIQ+ community and their allies.
Is this event suitable for children?
Children are welcome to come with a parent or guardian.
What amenities will be available for this event?
We will have all-gender changerooms available, as well as female and male change rooms.
We will have signage to indicate the amenities available within each change room. Please select the change room facility that most fits your needs.
What can I wear?
Whatever makes you feel comfortable. For safety reasons, we do ask that you follow our conditions of entry:
- Swimming Pool: Appropriate swimwear must be worn. If you would like to purchase swimwear, goggles or swimming caps, please see our staff at reception.
- Gym: Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. Jeans, work boots, thongs, sandals, slippers and open-toed shoes are not allowed.
Is this venue accessible?
To ensure everyone can access Collingwood Leisure Centre, we have:
- disability parking
- ramp access to the centre
- a pool hoist
- accessible change rooms with lift bed
Please speak to our staff if you require any assistance.
Who can I talk to for technique or safety advice during the night?
We will have a Duty Manager, customer service staff, health and fitness staff, swimming instructors and lifeguards available to you on the night.
Our staff have been trained by Transgender Victoria, Victoria's leading body for trans and gender diverse advocacy so that we are equipped with the skills to better support the needs of trans and gender diverse people.
We will not tolerate any anti-social behaviour. All Yarra Leisure members, visitors and staff must abide by our code of conduct.
Please ask any of them if you need any assistance or have any questions, they will be happy to help.
Will the event be photographed?
We will have a photographer roaming the event to document the night. When you arrive at reception, we will ask you for your verbal consent if you’re happy to be in our shots.
We will ask you to sign a release form for your participation.
What if I don’t want to be in the shots?
Please let us know at reception when you arrive if you don’t want to be in the shots so we can give you a wristband to indicate your preference.
Where will the footage be distributed?
Content captured on the night will be distributed on our social media channels, website and used in future promotional material and publications.
How do I get to Collingwood Leisure Centre?
The address is 2-28 Turnbull Street, Clifton Hill 3068. The facility is easily accessible via public transport and next to Darling Gardens on Turnbull St near the corner of Hoddle St.
To find public transport routes, visit Public Transport Victoria.
How do I find out more information?
For more information, call us on 9205 5522, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location & Contacts
Collingwood Leisure Centre
Date and time:
4pm - 9pm
Saturday 01 May 2021
2-28 Turnbull St, Clifton Hill VIC 3068