Need to polish up on your butterfly? Perfect that backstroke? Well lucky you because we run Stroke Improvement Courses throughout the year at Richmond Recreation Centre and Collingwood Leisure Centre.
These courses give you the chance to level up on your swimming with personalised support from our amazing and super passionate SwimFit coaches. Honestly, swimmers, why wouldn’t you?!
Register online for our upcoming stroke improvement course and get involved in progressive drills to improve all areas of your swimming.
The course focuses on developing technique and endurance across all four swimming strokes of freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
When are the courses?
All courses are 5 weeks unless stated otherwise, you’ll need to sign up for the whole program.
- Richmond: Tuesdays 6pm to 7pm
- Collingwood: Wednesdays 6pm to 7pm
|Month||Venue||Course start date|
|January/February||Richmond||Tuesday 31 January|
|March/April||Richmond||Tuesday 14 March|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 15 March|
|April/May||Richmond||Tuesday 2 May (4 week course)|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 26 April|
|June/July||Richmond||Tuesday 6 June|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 7 June|
|July/August||Richmond||Tuesday 18 July|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 19 July|
|August/September||Richmond||Tuesday 29 August|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 30 August|
|October/November||Richmond||Tuesday 10 October (4 week course)|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 11 October|
How much does it cost?
For our standard 5 week program:
- Members: $133.10
- Non-Members: $145.60
Pricing is adjusted for shorter or longer programs.
How do I book?
- Book your spot on our online portal. You'll need to create a free account if you don't already have one.
- Book in person at reception
- Give us a call on 9205 5522.
The course will develop all four of your strokes with focuses on the following topics and more!
- Lane etiquette
- Kicking technique
- Body positioning and balance
- Review kick and body positioning
- Breathing technique
- Correct movement of the head while breathing
- Timing breaths with your stroke
- Stroke rhythm: entry, catch and sweep
- Gaining longer, stronger strokes
- Correct positioning of arms and hands
- Stroke rhythm: entering and exiting the water
- Rotating to increase stroke length and minimise resistance
You need to be able to swim 100m freestyle continuously to benefit from this course.
What if I can’t commit to the 5 week program?
We understand that life is busy! For people who just want something on the go we will always have your water workout needs covered with our weekly casual SwimFit and SwimFit+ group exercise classes. SwimFit can be taken casually and booked individually.