Need to polish up on your butterfly? Perfect that backstroke? Well lucky you because we run Stroke Improvement Courses throughout the year at Richmond Recreation Centre and Collingwood Leisure Centre.
These courses give you the chance to level up on your swimming with personalised support from our amazing and super passionate SwimFit coaches. Honestly, swimmers, why wouldn’t you?!
Register online for our upcoming stroke improvement course and get involved in progressive drills to improve all areas of your swimming.
The course focuses on developing technique and endurance across all four swimming strokes of freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
When are the courses?
All courses are 5 weeks unless stated otherwise, you’ll need to sign up for the whole program.
- Richmond: Tuesdays 6pm to 7pm
- Collingwood: Wednesdays 6pm to 7pm
|Month||Venue||First session||Last session|
|July/August||Richmond||Tuesday 19 July||Tuesday 16 August|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 20 July||Wednesday 17 August|
|August/September||Richmond||Tuesday 30 August||Tuesday 27 September|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 31 August||Wednesday 28 September|
|October/November||Richmond||Tuesday 11 October||Tuesday 8 November|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 12 October||Wednesday 9 November|
|November/December||Richmond||Tuesday 22 November||Tuesday 20 December|
||Collingwood||Wednesday 23 November||Wednesday 21 December|
How much does it cost?
For our standard 5 week program:
- Members: $130
- Non-Members: $144
Pricing is adjusted for shorter or longer programs.
How do I book?
- Book your spot on our online portal. You'll need to create a free account if you don't already have one.
- Book in person at reception
- Give us a call on 9205 5522.
The course will develop all four of your strokes with focuses on the following topics and more!
- Lane etiquette
- Kicking technique
- Body positioning and balance
- Review kick and body positioning
- Breathing technique
- Correct movement of the head while breathing
- Timing breaths with your stroke
- Stroke rhythm: entry, catch and sweep
- Gaining longer, stronger strokes
- Correct positioning of arms and hands
- Stroke rhythm: entering and exiting the water
- Rotating to increase stroke length and minimise resistance
You need to be able to swim 100m freestyle continuously to benefit from this course.
What if I can’t commit to the 5 week program?
We understand that life is busy! For people who just want something on the go we will always have your water workout needs covered with our weekly casual SwimFit and SwimFit+ group exercise classes. SwimFit can be taken casually and booked individually.