How are you keeping us safe?
All our venues have an approved COVIDSafe plan in line with Victorian Government restrictions and our staff are all trained in COVIDSafe principles. Please be aware that these restrictions may vary at times to reflect current medical advice and our services will be adjusted accordingly.
1. Ensure physical distancing
- We are displaying signs to show patron limits at the entrance of areas where limits apply (where use of indoor areas are permitted under the restrictions).
- We are using floor markings and signage in spaces to provide minimum physical distancing guides (1.5m between people).
- We have applied density quotients of one person per 4 square metres to configure shared work areas and spaces within our venues to ensure to ensure physical distancing.
- We have decommissioned some equipment to ensure a minimum of 1.5 metres between people. These are marked with a ‘not in use’ sign.
- Our staff are all trained in COVIDSafe principles.
- We have a COVID Marshal on site to monitor compliance with the requirements for gym and group exercise services.
2. Face masks
- In line with Victorian Government guidelines everyone 12 years and older must wear a face mask when indoors unless you are doing strenuous exercise but you must keep it with you, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must also wear a face mask when you cannot maintain 1.5m distance outdoors.
- We have installed screens and barriers in the venues (i.e. reception) for additional protection for staff and patrons.
- We are supplying masks for staff. These staff have been given training, instruction and guidance on how to correctly fit, use and dispose of masks and PPE (where relevant).
3. Practise good hygiene
- We are frequently cleaning and disinfecting shared spaces, including high touch communal items such as door knobs, shared equipment and telephones.
- Touch points in high traffic areas (i.e. change rooms) are sanitised twice a day.
- Shared equipment in the gym are cleaned at least twice daily
- Shared equipment in classes are cleaned after every class
- All other areas of the facility are sanitised daily
- We are replacing high-touch communal items with hygienic alternatives, for example single-use or contactless options, where possible to do so.
- We are limiting shared equipment where possible.
- Customers are responsible for wiping down their equipment before and after use.
- We are displaying a cleaning log in shared spaces.
- We have soap and hand sanitiser available for all workers and customers throughout our venues and encourage regular handwashing.
- We have a dedicated staff member on a cleaning shift at all facilities at all times of the day (open to close).
- All of our staff complete COVIDSafe protocol prior to every shift.
- We have signage displayed to encourage good hygiene practices
4. Keep records and act quickly if participants, volunteers or organisers become unwell
- All facilities are registered with the Victorian Government and we are keeping records of all people who enter our venues for contact tracing using the Victorian Government QR service.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms or have been in close contact with a positive case you should NOT attend the venue/facility or activity until you receive your test results or have completed your quarantine period and are cleared by DHHS.
- We will encourage customers and staff to get tested and stay home even if they only have mild symptoms.
- We have written protocols for identifying and responding to staff or customers who are a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- We have a plan in place to respond to customers and staff being notified by health authorities that they are a positive case and attended the facility whilst infectious.
- We have a plan to identify and notify close contacts in the event of a positive case attending the venue/facility during their infectious period. You are also required to notify DHHS of the positive case.
- We have a plan in place to sanitise the venues (or part) in the event of a positive case.
- We have a plan to contact DHHS and notify the actions taken, provide a copy of the risk assessment conducted and contact details of any close contacts.
- We have a plan to immediately notify WorkSafe Victoria if we have identified a person with coronavirus (COVID-19) at our venue.
5. Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
- We reduce the amount of time staff and customers spend in enclosed spaces.
- Our administration staff will continue to follow government advice and work from home where possible.
- We have set our air conditioner system to a cooler temperature to avoid the need for fans in gym and group exercise areas as recommended by current industry restart guidelines.
- We have set temperature trigger points for windows and doors to be opened to increase turnover of air.
6. Create workforce or activity bubbles
- We limit the number of staff where practical. This includes avoiding as much as possible, having staff working across multiple venues.
- Where possible staff are allocated to one site only per day.
How do I get the latest COVID-19 information?
You can find the latest official information about COVID-19 by visiting the Department of Health and Human Services. This is your best source for regular updates and the steps to take if you think you’re at risk.
For information about COVID-19 in your language, visit Translated resources - coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
If you suspect you may have contracted COVID-19, call the dedicated 24/7 coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 for advice. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
How do I find out more information?
If you have any further questions about how we’re keeping you safe please email us at email@example.com.
Updated 5.30pm Thursday 17 June 2021