Changes to fees and charges 2022/23: Yarra Leisure
Monday 11 July 2022
As part of the 2022-23 annual budget process, Yarra City Council have adopted an increase in fees and charges across its services, including our leisure centres and golf course to maintain high standards, stay competitive in the industry and keep improving our facilities.
We will continue to offer a 40% discount to eligible, means tested concession card holders. Concession pricing will only be available to customers who can produce evidence of being on a means tested and/or government supported program, please see information below.
Council adopted the budget with the below changes at an Ordinary Council Meeting on Thursday 23 June.
When will the new fees and charges be introduced?
- Swim School direct debit fees: Thursday 21 July 2022
- Burnley Golf Course membership fees: Thursday 21 July 2022
- Casual programs and services including visit passes: Friday 22 July 2022
Leisure centre membership fees
- New membership structure launched: Thursday 1 September 2022
- Membership transition period for current members: Thursday 1 September to Wednesday 30 November 2022.
What are the updated fees and charges?
View the 2022-23 adopted budget to view the fees and charges.
Our updated concession discounts
Concession eligibility for our programs and services were reviewed as part of the annual budget process.
We will continue to offer a 40% discount to eligible, means tested concession card holders. Concession pricing will only be available to customers who can produce evidence of being on a means tested and/or government supported program.
To receive a concession discount, you must have one of the following:
- Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
- Carer Card (We Care)
Carers accompanying a person with disability are eligible for free entry on presentation of a Companion Card
2021/22 Facility improvements
In 2021/22 we made some notable improvements to our facilities, including:
- Implemented energy efficiency measures in Richmond Recreation Centre and Collingwood Leisure Centre gyms to deliver energy savings and improve members’ experience in these spaces, including:
- double glazed windows to reduce heat and glare
- an efficient lighting system with daylight dimming and motion control
- insulated ceilings and walls
- the addition of an entrance door to the gym area at Collingwood Leisure Centre to optimise air conditioning
- An upgrade of the pool mechanical plant systems at Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre for continued water quality
- Installation of duress buttons in the gyms and group exercise areas in all leisure centres.
- A refresh to the spa, sauna and steam room area at Fitzroy Swimming Pool including; new shower, new doors and frames and replacement of the windows in the Steam Room and Sauna.
- Installation of a second boiler at Fitzroy Swimming Pool to improve main pool water temperature and change room temperature during the cooler months.
- Installation of new non-slip Monotec flooring in the Collingwood Leisure Centre change rooms
- Improvements to the Richmond Spin Room including an upgrade of the internal walls to reduce noise transference between spaces and the installation of energy saving LED strips and show lighting for an even better experience.
In the adopted budget for 2022/23, Yarra City Council has committed to more than $2.8 million of improvements to our venues.
How do I find out more information?
We look forward to seeing you soon.