Changes to fees and charges: Yarra Leisure
Thursday 26 August 2021
As part of the 2021-22 annual budget process, Yarra City Council have adopted an increase in fees and charges across its services, including our leisure centres and golf course to maintain high standards and keep improving our facilities.
Council has adopted the budget with the below changes at an Ordinary Council Meeting on Thursday 24 June.
The adopted fees were scheduled to be introduced in July however after taking into consideration Victorian Government restrictions and closures to our venues we have delayed the introduction of these fees to September.
What are the key dates for the roll out of the new fees and charges?
|Service type||Date effective|
|Casual programs and services (including visit passes)||Wednesday 1 September 2021|
|Membership fees||Thursday 16 September 2021|
|Swim School||Monday 6 September 2021 (upfront term fees)
Thursday 30 September 2021 (direct debit fees)
What are the updated fees and charges?
View the 2021-22 adopted budget to view the fees and charges or you can find updated pricing on our website for all our services.
What were our fees used for in 2019-20?
We've made some amazing improvements to our facilities, including:
- Brand new strength and cardio equipment in our gyms at Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre
- An upgrade to The Studio at Richmond Recreation Centre with a new ceiling, energy-wise lighting and the removal of a wall to create a bigger and brighter space
- 28 incredible new iC7 spin bikes for the Collingwood Leisure Centre spin room, lighting upgrades and painting works creating a fun and vibrant spin experience
- Installation of video walls in our group exercise rooms at Collingwood Leisure Centre and Richmond Recreation Centre providing vibrant mood backgrounds to our instructor-led classes and allowing us to deliver virtual classes
- New heating and cooling units in the group exercise room at Collingwood Leisure Centre and in the gym at Fitzroy Swimming Pool
- Window tint in the pool hall at Collingwood Leisure Centre to combat sun glare and assist with temperature control.
- Re-tiling works to the toddler and main pools at Fitzroy Swimming Pool
- Upgrade to the pool side family and accessible change room at Richmond Recreation Centre
- The addition duress buttons in all our gyms, group exercise studios and in our change rooms for improved safety controls.
What will our 2021-22 fees be used for?
Yarra City Council has committed to more than $4.4 million of improvements to our venues in the adopted budget for 2021/22.
These exciting facility improvements include:
- Energy efficiency measures at Richmond Recreation Centre and Collingwood Leisure Centre gyms to deliver energy savings and improve members’ experience in these spaces, including:
- double glazed windows to reduce heat and glare
- an efficient lighting system with daylight dimming and motion control
- insulated ceilings and walls
- the addition of an entrance door to the gym area at Collingwood Leisure Centre to optimise air conditioning.
- An upgrade to the family change room and air handling system in the pool hall at Richmond Recreation Centre
- Roof replacement and air handling improvement works to the gym and group exercise rooms at Richmond Recreation Centre
- An upgrade of the pool mechanical plant systems at Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre for continued water quality
- Installation of duress buttons and alarm systems in the gym and spa areas at Fitzroy Swimming Pool
- Design and reconstruction work to hole 1 at Burnley Golf Course
- Upgrade to the course paths, irrigation, turf, walls and fences at Burnley Golf Course.
How do I find out more information?
View the 2021-22 adopted budget for more information.
As a valued member of Yarra Leisure we appreciate your ongoing support and loyalty, particularly over the past 18 months given the impacts to our services and venue closures.
If you have any questions about your membership or if you are currently experiencing financial hardship, please speak with our friendly team on 9205 5522 or email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon.