Burnley Golf Course reopens
Thursday 14 May 2020
Yarra City Council Mayor Cr Misha Coleman today welcomed players back to Burnley Golf Course, following the easing of some physical distancing restrictions by the Victorian Government.
“We’re very happy to reopen the beloved Burnley Golf Course following its temporary closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It’s wonderful to see the Burnley golfing community back onto the green, albeit with a range of measures in place to ensure people’s safety.
“To help us manage numbers on the course, we’re allowing two people per game and we’re asking people to call us to book in advance.
“Players will see a number of other modifications on the course to keep them safe, including the removal of flag sticks and the use of golf carts limited to those who need them to get around.
“We’re also undertaking regular cleaning of high-contact surfaces and will have our friendly staff on hand to help players to understand our healthy golf practices.
“Thank you to the Burnley Golf community for your patience and understanding during this time. We ask for your continued support and cooperation as we bring golf back to Burnley,” Cr Coleman said.
What safety measures will be in place?
- Social distancing will be practiced on the golf course – players should remain 1.5 metres away from their playing partner at all times.
- Tee time intervals have been increased to 10 minutes.
- Foam has been placed in the bottom of holes so players don’t have to touch the bottom of holes.
- The Pro Shop is closed. Players and customers will instead be served from the Pro Shop window.
- Contactless payments by card only, no cash.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Hire clubs will not be available.
- Drinking taps are also out of action – please bring your own bottle of water.
- Players are to leave the facility immediately after completing their round.
- Players are asked not to golf if they are not feeling well.
For full details on the reopening of Burnley Golf Course and to book a game, visit Yarra Leisure.