Burnley Golf Course is now open
Tuesday 12 May 2020
We’re very excited to be sharing some good news with you all. Following the easing of certain restrictions by the State Government, we are pleased to announce that Burnley Golf Course will be reopening from 7am on Thursday 14 May.
Although we can’t wait to see you all on the course again, a day on the green isn't entirely back to normal and we need everyone to work together with patience and consideration as we move forward.
We are accepting playing groups of 4 people and practice facilities are open for general use. You must book in advance online or by calling us on 9205 5048. You will not be permitted to enter the course if you have not booked ahead.
As we take this first step, we are not able to offer social club member tee times.
Once you have finished playing we ask that you leave in a timely manner so that we can ensure we are adhering to physical distancing guidelines at all times and doing our bit to keep our community safe.
What do I need to know when at the course?
- There will be a maximum of 4 people per playing group, with 7 to 8 minute intervals between each group teeing off.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your tee-time, no earlier, no later.
- Golf carts can only be used by customers who need them in order to play.
- Hire clubs now available and must be cleaned thoroughly after every use
- Our bunker rakes and sand buckets are back in use
- Drinking taps are in use
- Outdoor bbq is in use
- Social club competitions have resumed
- Social rooms only in use for admin and committee
- Alcohol will be sold from Monday 22 June
- Pro Shop is open with 4 people maximum inside at any one time (you must maintain 1 person per 4 square metres)
- There will be no flagsticks on greens.
- We have put foam pieces in our golf holes so there is no need for you to touch the bottom of the cups.
How are we keeping the course extra clean and safe?
- We are conducting regular cleans of all high-contact surfaces.
- Our outdoor chairs and tables have been removed.
- We are educating our customers of the importance of our healthy golf practices as they arrive for their game.
How are we changing the way we serve you?
- We are not accepting cash payments, please ensure you bring your credit, Eftpos or Yarra Leisure member card along with you.
- We are not accepting reusable coffee cups and will only be using single use cups.
What can you do to help keep yourself and others safe at Burnley Golf Course?
- If you are feeling unwell (coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fever or headaches) please do not attend the course.
- Follow the Healthy Golf Practices we’ve implemented at the course.
- Wash your hands regularly (for 20 seconds at a time).
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Ensure that you are always standing at least 1.5 metres away from our staff and other customers.
- Bring your Eftpos or credit card, as we are not accepting cash.
I’m a Yarra Leisure member with a paused membership, can I still access the course?
Yarra Leisure memberships have been paused, so you will not be charged for the duration of our wider facility closures. As our memberships include Burnley Golf Course which will be open from Thursday 14 May, we have introduced an interim member only casual rate so you can continue to access the course.
So whether you tee off with us many times a week or you want to try golf for the first time, your Yarra Leisure membership ensures you are eligible for the following rates:
- Yarra Leisure members: $8 per visit (9 or 18 holes)
- Yarra Leisure members with concession: $5 per visit (9 or 18 holes)
We look forward to seeing you on the course soon!
How do I book a round?
You must book in advance online or by calling us on 9205 5048. You will not be permitted to enter the course if you have not booked ahead.
How do I find out more information?
For more information please call us on 9205 5048 or email us at email@example.com.
Updated Friday 19 June 2020.