Richmond change room closed for upgrade
Thursday 11 April 2019
We’re upgrading the change rooms next to the gym at Richmond Recreation Centre. Works begun on Tuesday 23 April and are expected to finish late August. There will be restrictions to access for a period of time.
These works are part of council’s renewal program and capital works budget and will be completed in a 2 stage process:
- Demolition works from Tuesday 23 April to Tuesday 7 May (completed)
- Construction works from Wednesday 8 May to late August 2019.
The works will involve gutting the existing change rooms, including a large portion of the existing floor and building new male, female, accessible and all gender change rooms.
Stage 2 works have now begun.
What did stage 1 involve?
Stage 1 involved demolishing the change rooms from Tuesday 23 April to Tuesday 7 May.
The existing change rooms were be gutted, including a large portion of the existing floor.
What does stage 2 involve?
Stage 2 will involve building works from Wednesday 8 May to late August 2019.
We will be building new male, female, accessible and all gender change rooms.
How will the stage 2 works affect me?
- Access to the main gym and our group exercise timetable will return to normal.
- You will need to use the male, female and accessible change rooms on pool deck. There will be no access to the change rooms next to the gym.
- The members entry on Griffiths Street will have restricted opening hours:
- Monday to Thursday: 4pm to 10pm
- Friday: 4pm to 9pm
- Saturday: Closed all day
- Sunday: 7am to 7pm
Outside of these opening hours, you will need to access Richmond Recreation Centre using our main entrance on Gleadell Street.
What will the works involve?
The refurbishment works include:
- An upgrade to fixtures and fittings, flooring, tiling, new toilets, showers and bench seating.
- Improved ventilation and heating introduced to the change rooms.
- Improved space and flow throughout the change room.
- Creation of a new and compliant accessible change room.
- Creation of a new all gender change room with shower and toilet facilities.
What are the floor plans?
How do I find out more information?
For more information, contact Katherine Thom (Centre Manager) and Karen Hucker (Project Manager) on 9205 5522 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook and keep an eye on Yarra Leisure news for updates.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we undergo improvements to Richmond Recreation Centre. We look forward to providing updates as this refurbishment progresses.