It's time to assemble the squad, our all new social golf competition Burnley Summer Sixes is coming in December!
The competition will be kicking off on Tuesday 3 December, with finals concluding on Sunday 2 February.
It'll be a great opportunity to enjoy a social hit with your friends and make new friends.
As a team of 6 players you'll play each week at a time that suits you and record your team's top 4 scores which will combine to form your weekly team score. The good news is if it just wasn't your day on the course, you can play as many times as you like each week and just enter your best scores!
All abilities and ages are welcome.
Get ready for a great season full of team spirit, laughs, friendly rivalries and lifelong friendships.
What can I expect?
You can expect a whole lot of fun, a laugh with fellow golfers, prizes and some healthy competition as you compete for the inaugural Burnley Golf Course Summer Sixes cup and of course, bragging rights for the off season.
When is the Summer Sixes competition?
The competition will run from Tuesday 3 December to Sunday 2 February, with a break over the Christmas period.
- Round 1: Tuesday 3 December to Sunday 8 December
- Round 2: Tuesday 10 December to Sunday 15 December
- Round 3: Tuesday 17 December to Sunday 22 December
- Christmas Break
- Round 4: Tuesday 7 January to Sunday 12 January
- Round 5: Tuesday 14 January to Sunday 19 January
- Round 6: Tuesday 21 January to Sunday 26 January
- Round 7 (Finals week): Tuesday 28 January to Sunday 2 February
How it works:
- Teams are 6 players only.
- Play any time during the week for that round with at least one other person as your witness.
- You can play as many times each week as you like, and your top score will count.
- The best 4 of your 6 team members' scores will contribute to your teams total score for that week.
How much is the competition?
- Pay $25 per person to register.
- Pay $4 at the Pro Shop each time you play a Summer Sixes round.
- Pay $25 per person to register.
- Pay a reduced green fee of $18 to play your Summer Sixes round each week
What are the rules?
- Team of 6 players will allocate their own team name and team captain.
- Burnley Sixes is open to both Yarra Leisure members and non-members.
- Your competition fee must be paid prior to playing any competition round.
- Only scores returned on official Burnley Sixes scorecards will be accepted.
- Competition rounds are able to be played Tuesday to Sunday of any competition week. No cards will be accepted on a Monday.
- Players may return multiple cards per week with their teams best 4 scores contributing the competition purposes. (Competition fees apply for each round played).
- The aggregate of the best 4 scores will be contribute to your teams overall score each week.
- The ladder will work off a points system with the maximum number of points available equalling the total amount of teams in the competition.
Handicaps and handicapping
- Players with official Golf Australia handicaps will be allocated a starting handicap of 9/18 of their official handicap as of Tuesday 3 December 2019.
- Players without an official Golf Australia handicap will be required to return 1 social 9 hole scorecard for review between November 1st 2019 and November 25th 2019.
- Social handicaps are at the discretion of the Burnley Golf Course Professional with the maximum starting handicap being 18.
- The handicapper may make general revisions of the handicaps at their discretion
- Handicaps will be adjusted on a weekly basis (Monday’s) following the completion of each round as follows:
Result Handicap adjustment Played to handicap no adjustment Scores 1-4 shots better than handicap 2 shots removed from handicap Scores 4+ shots better than handicap 3 shots removed from handicap Score 1-3 shots worse than handicap 1 shot added to handicap Scores 4-6 shots worse than handicap 2 shots added to handicap Scores 7+ shots worse than handicap 3 shots added to handicap
How do I register?
Register online or at our Pro Shop by Saturday 30 November. You can register as a full team, individual or group.
Register online via eventbrite and pay your registration fee at our Pro Shop at Burnley Golf Course before your first round.
If you're booking as a full team please provide us with your team name at checkout.
We will contact you to confirm your place and arrange payment.
Register at our Pro Shop
You can register at our Pro Shop at Burnley Golf Course by completing the registration form and paying your registration fee.
Free Summer Sixes preseason clinics
Join our PGA Professional Mark McEvoy for our free Summer Sixes preseason golf clinics in the lead up to our competition season.
We'll cover the basics of golf technique and etiquette so you can feel confident for the start of our Summer Sixes season.
We're offering 3 preseason clinics in total on Saturdays from 10am to 11.30am. You are welcome to register for 1 clinic, or all 3.
Where can I find more information?
For more information call us on 9205 5048, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to us at the Pro Shop.