Burnley Golf Course service update
Tuesday 24 March 2020
The world has changed more than we could have imagined in the past couple of weeks and we know many of you are feeling confused and anxious about the future. We want to remind you that Burnley Golf Course is still here, our staff are still smiling and we are in this with you.
Following a Victorian Government decision on Sunday 22 March, outdoor spaces currently remain open with extensive hygiene measures in place.
To ensure our space is safe and sanitised for you all, we’ve upped our cleaning game and made some changes to the way we do things.
What’s changed to course services and to ensure cleanliness?
How are we keeping the course extra clean and safe?
- We are conducting hourly cleans of all high-contact surfaces.
- We are conducting a thorough cleaning of all hire carts upon their return to the Pro Shop.
- Our outdoor chairs and tables have been removed.
- We are educating our customers of the importance of our healthy golf practices as they arrive for their game.
- We are conducting 2 deep cleans per day.
How are we changing the way we serve you?
- We will now be serving you through the pro shop window and there is no longer any customer access to the shop.
- We are no longer accepting cash payments, please ensure you bring your credit, Eftpos or Yarra Leisure member card along with you.
- We are no longer accepting reusable coffee cups and will only be using single use cups.
- Our golf clinics have been suspended until further notice.
- Golf carts can only be used by customers who need them in order to play.
What has changed on the course?
- Our bunker rakes and sand buckets are no longer in use.
- Please leave the flagstick in at all times – that’s right, don’t touch it!
- The outdoor water tap and course water tap are no longer in use, so please bring your own water bottle.
- We have put foam pieces in our golf holes so there is no need for you to touch the bottom of the cups.
- Sorry, but at this time we will not be joining groups together.
What can you do to help keep yourself and others safe at Burnley Golf Course?
- If you are feeling unwell (coughing, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, fever or headaches) please do not attend the course.
- Follow the Healthy Golf Practices we’ve implemented at the course.
- Play in groups of four or less.
- Wash your hands regularly (for 20 seconds at a time).
- Bring your own water bottle.
- Ensure that you are always standing at least 1.5 metres away from our staff and other customers.
- Bring your eftpos or credit card, as we are no longer accepting cash.
I’m a Yarra Leisure member, can I still access the course?
Yarra Leisure memberships have been paused, so you will not be charged for the duration of the closure. As our memberships include Burnley Golf Course which is still open as normal, we have introduced an interim member only casual rate so you can continue to access the course.
So whether you tee off with us many times a week or you want to try golf for the first time, your Yarra Leisure membership ensures you are eligible for the following rates:
- Yarra Leisure members: $8 per visit (9 or 18 holes)
- Yarra Leisure members with concession: $5 per visit (9 or 18 holes)