Incorporate a deadlift into your workout
Friday 07 February 2020
Deadlift and get more bang for your buck! It's a great full body, functional exercise that you should take advantage of, just make sure your technique is correct.
- stand with your feet under the bar, hip width apart, toes pointed slightly out
- grab the bar with your arms extended and with your grip shoulder width apart
- bend your knees and lower (keep your back straight) until your shins touch the bar. Don’t let your shins move the bar outwards.
- straighten your back and pull your chest up
- take a big breath in, hold it in, pull and stand up
What should I remember?
Keep your core and glutes engaged and keep a straight back throughout the exercise.
How often should I deadlift for results?
Try incorporate deadlifts into your workout 2-3 times a week:
- 3 sets of 12-15 reps (beginner)
- 3 sets of 8-12 reps (intermediate)
- 3 sets of 1-8 using weights (advanced)
To maximise results you should be feeling as though the last 2 or 3 repetitions are very hard. If you can't achieve the full number of reps per set, either lower the weight or reduce the amount of reps.
What do I do if I need assistance?
Ask our friendly gym staff for assistance, that's what we're here for!