New group exercise timetable begins Monday 6 January
Wednesday 18 December 2019
We’ve conducted a 6 month internal review of our group exercise program as part of our commitment to continuous improvement.
Changes to our new group exercise timetable which will commence Monday 6 January 2020 reflect the outcomes of our review.
What did the review involve?
- 12 months of customer feedback
- Feedback from internal and external reviews and mystery shoppers
- Findings from a competitor analysis with other council run facilities
- Recommendations from Fitness Australia's 2019 and 2020 Trends Report and Annual Report.
What are the key changes?
- 14 new classes across our three sites, including additional Yoga, Pilates, Functional Circuit and Zumba classes.
- The addition of Qigong classes at Richmond Recreation Centre. Qigong is an ancient exercise and healing technique that involves meditation, controlled breathing and movement. It's a concept from traditional Chinese culture that means vital energy, breath and spirit.
- Yin Yoga classes now offered at all three centres.
- The introduction of an 8am timeslot offering a greater range of classes at Richmond Recreation Centre on weekdays.
- Some timeslot changes to provide a more consistent and streamlined timetable across the week.
- Body Attack classes will now run for 45 minutes as recommended by Les Mills.
- Strategic changes to the scheduling of high intensity and mind and body classes to improve regulation of room temperature and improve our environmental footprint by reducing emissions.
- Changes to four Small Group Training class types.
View and familiarise yourself with our new and improved timetable.
We understand that our new timetable may require some of you to adjust your routines but these decisions have been made to increase participation and access for all members of the community, and improve our offerings throughout the week across our centres.
We hope our new timetable improves your experience at our facilities and offers you a greater selection of enjoyable classes that meet your fitness needs.
How do I find out more information?
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 9205 5522.