MS 24hour Mega Swim highlights
Thursday 28 February 2019
Last Friday 22 February we hosted the MS 24hour Megaswim at Fitzroy Pool. Together, we raised a huge $110, 506. Thank you to everyone involved for supporting people with MS to live the lives they want.
It's not too late to give your support.You can donate to our Fitzroy Pool Mega Swim until Saturday 31 August 2019.
We've got so many highlights from the big day:
- Marilyn Simmons raised $3,315
- Jane Pirkis raised $2,901
- Peter Horacek raised $2,330
- Andrew Closey raised $2,025
- Bruce Wright raised $1,495
Awards and Rewards
- Overall winning team: Indefatigables raising $8,403 and swimming 64km
- Highest fundraising individual: Marilyn Simmons (MS Floaties) raising $3030
- Youth Award: Inner City Aquatic Avengers raising $3,280 and swimming 82.2km
- The Bruce McCulloch Memorial Award: Luise Topma (captain of MS Floaties) for her enthusiasm, courage and spirit displayed. Luise stayed for the full 24 hours and provided extra support to her fellow team members. She brought spare towels and extra food to make sure her team stayed well fed and warm throughout the event.
- The major sponsors were Rotary Club of Fitzroy, Swimwear Galore, Jasper Coffee and Funky Trunks and Funkita.
- Carol Cooke, Deidre McEwen, Jacqui Loveridge, Annie Davies and the Rotary Club of Fitzroy kept everyone well fed throughout the event
- Brad Corken for provided the entertainment.