Changes to fees and charges - important information for customers
Friday 29 June 2018
Yarra Leisure is dedicated to continual improvement of our facilities and maintaining the highest standard of programs and services.
As part of the annual budget process, Yarra City Council recently revised fees and charges across its services. To ensure we maintain these high standards and keep improving our facilities, a small increase to our fees and charges has been introduced. Please see below the key dates for the roll out of the new fees and charges.
- Casual programs and services including multi visit pass options – Monday, 9 July 2018
- Membership fees including Open Age Squad – Thursday, 12 July 2018
- Learn to Swim lesson fees – will take effect for Term 4, 2018
- Monday 27 August for upfront term fees
- Thursday 4 October for direct debit fees.
We hope that you are enjoying your time at Yarra Leisure and making the most of the benefits our centres have to offer. We are dedicated to making ongoing improvements to all of our centres and services, so please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience with us.
Facility improvements completed in 2017/18
We have been busy at Yarra Leisure with the following improvements occurring between July 2017 and June 2018:
- Upgrade to the female, family and accessible change rooms at Fitzroy Swimming Pool.
- Upgraded internal fencing, installation of outdoor bather boxes, solar and gas-heated outdoor showers at Fitzroy Swimming Pool.
- Refresh of Collingwood Leisure Centre change rooms including lighting upgrades, painting works and new air ducts.
- Installation of solar panels at Richmond Recreation Centre and Collingwood Leisure Centre reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Installation of new air handling units in the gym at Collingwood Leisure Centre.
- Upgrade to the pool hall flooring at Collingwood Leisure Centre.
- New RFID enabled electronic lockers at Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre.
- Upgrades to our CCTV security equipment at Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre.
- Installation of automated entry points at Richmond Recreation Centre; including members’ entry on Griffiths Street.
- Upgrade to flooring in the gyms and group exercise studio at Richmond Recreation Centre.
Planned facility improvements for 2018/19
Yarra City Council has committed to over $2,200,000 of improvements to Yarra Leisure centres in the adopted budget for 2018/19. The facility improvements include:
- New RFID enabled electronic lockers at Collingwood Leisure Centre.
- An upgrade of the pool mechanical plant systems at Collingwood Leisure Centre, Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre for continued maintenance of high water quality.
- Upgrades to our CCTV security equipment at Collingwood Leisure Centre and Burnley Golf Course.
- Continued upgrade to the course paths and completion of construction of the new cart storage area at Burnley Golf Course.
- New hire carts at Burnley Golf Course.
- Works to the Group Fitness room at Fitzroy Swimming Pool including; replacement of air conditioning units, lighting upgrades, flooring and storage improvements.
- Renovation works to the dry side (gym foyer) male, female, and accessible change rooms at Richmond Recreation Centre.
- Landscaping and improvement works to the outdoor area at Richmond Recreation Centre.
For more detailed information regarding Council’s adopted budget for 2018/19 please visit Yarra City Council's website.
As a valued part of Yarra Leisure we appreciate your continued support. If you have any questions about the changes to fees, please contact us on 9205 5032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to us in person at reception.
We look forward to seeing you soon.